Cross from the old Pecos Church
See full details
According to an old label attached to the cross, this object was collected before 1828 from the ruins of the mission church at Pecos Pueblo (originally called Cicuique and located 18 miles southeast of Santa Fe). The Indians of Pecos, trained by Spanish artisans, were regarded as fine carpenters beginning in the early 1600s.
Be the first to comment.